Python installed within virtual environments cannot directly communicate with LabVIEW using the Python Node with LabVIEW 2021, or older. This is due to the way the environment wraps the Python interpreter, making LabVIEW unable to find the interpreter installation to make the necessary calls.
The supported Python environments, installed from The Python Software Foundation are:
- LabVIEW 2018 to 2020:
- Native Python 2.7 and 3.6.
- LabVIEW 2021 and 2022:
- Native Python 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, and 3.9.
- Note: Support for Python 2.7 is deprecated.
- LabVIEW 2023Q1:
- Native Python 3.6 through 3.10
- Python Virtual Environments using Open Anaconda/Venv Python Session VI.