The Advanced Analog Measurement software license allows our customer to use MP500 device to perform tests such as LMA measurement, Power transfer measurement, Waveform measurements
- using any external scope
- having to manually position cursors
- without having to perform post-treatment.
More details about the advanced analog measurement option can be found here:
What Advanced Analog Measurement Feature of MP500 Stands For?
If an end-user has an MP500 TCL3 (or MP500 PT1NFC) without advanced analog measurement license and would like to measure the Load Modulation Amplitude of a card answer, it is possible to perform a quick informative measurement with an external scope.
Note that the method describes below is not compliant with ISO/EMVCo or NFC Forum test specification and is thus informative.
Follow the steps below:
1. Build a simple transaction script with MPManager3
2. Script settings
Adjust RF Field applied (eg: 50%)
Select RX Channel – Analog IN
Enable/Disable Spy command
CLTO 1 3 0 : TRIG1 port set as Logic”0” when TX OUT
3. Hardware Configuration
External Digital Sampling Oscilloscope
MP500TCL3 (or MP500PT1NFC)
PICC-PCD Simulation antenna
SMA T-Bridge, CONNECTORs
- ANALOG IN connector of the MP500 to SMA T-Bridge
- ANALOG IN connector of the PICC-PCD simulation antenna to SMA T-Bridge
- SMA T-Bridge to DSO CHA through probe adaptors and high impedance probe
- TX/RX connector of the MP500 to TX/RX connector of the PICC-PCD Simulation antenna
- AUX1connector of the MP500 to HDMI connector of PICC-PCD Simulation antenna
- TRIG1 connector of the MP500 to DSO CH C