Considerations Before You Begin
LabVIEW Home edition is EOL as of June 1, 2020, and longer available for purchase. LabVIEW Community
edition is a free LabVIEW version, available for non-commercial personal projects
, and is a recommended alternative to LabVIEW Home edition.
Purchasing LabVIEW Home
- Serial Numbers can be purchased from Digilent, SparkFun, or Conrad depending on the location of Customer
- Evaluation Period is up to 2 months (meaning no serial number is needed to use the software)
Install LabVIEW Home
- Home Edition is ONLY available for LabVIEW 2014 SP1
- See Download the LabVIEW Home Bundle to download the bundle.
- The installer will include some additional toolkits and modules. You can still deselect these toolkits, however, from the Features step of the installation, as shown in the picture below:
- If selected, the NI Device Drivers installation will prompt you for an installation CD. In case you do not have the NI Device Drivers CD, this feature can be deselected from the installer in the same manner as that for the toolkits.
Activate LabVIEW Home
- To activate LabVIEW Home Bundle, follow the information in this link: Activating National Instruments Software Products
- The LabVIEW Home Bundle license activates the following products:
- LabVIEW Full Development System
- LabVIEW Application Builder Module
- LabVIEW MathScript RT Module - need to download the module separately before activate
- LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module - need to download the module separately before activate
The LabVIEW Home Bundle installer includes some toolkits and modules available to LabVIEW Professional. These will be in Evaluation mode for seven days, as the LabVIEW Home Bundle license does not activate them. You can find the list of software products activated by the LabVIEW Home Bundle license in the Activation section above.
If the NI Device Drivers are required, they can be downloaded from our website at the following link: NI Device Drivers