This error code can occur if Vision Acquisition Software hasn't installed or activated properly on your PC. If you have installed but not activated it, LabVIEW will still not be able to recognize the NI-IMAQdx driver. This means that if the license issue is resolved and the IMAQdx driver is activated, then the executable will work well.
It can also occur if the IMAQdx Camera Session used by IMAQdx VIs is lost, deleted from memory, closed elsewhere in the program or otherwise affected.
Check Your Licensing & Installation
To check for Vision Acquisition Software licensing:
- Navigate to NI License Manager program.
- Go to the Local Licenses tab.
- Activate the Vision Acquisition Software by right-clicking on it and choose Activate.
Alternatively, if the above steps didn't solve this issue:
Using Ring Buffered Acquisition?
When using Ring Buffered Acquisition, such as in the Stream to TDMS Files (Optimized Performance).vi, the IMAQdx Camera session is passed around in a loop. In some architectures this reference can get lost, so it is recommended to add a feedback node to the Camera Session wire.
- Right click on the Camera Session wire.
- Select Insert >> All Palettes >> Programming >> Structures >> Feedback Node.
- Complete the red box wiring from image below. (Based on the example mentioned above).