For modifying text files or configuration files the VI Editor (Linux Editor) allows us to access text file and edit it using commands. See the steps for using VI Editor in Linux below.
- Use any console tool for accessing the Shell in NI Linux Real-Time Devices like Putty.
- You should log in the Console Out as administrator.
- Navigate to the folder where the file is located. For more information on how to navigate in the console see this link.
- Use the command: vi <file name>.
- Then, press Enter. The editor should show up.
- Modify/add the line you need.
- Press ESC. After that, you should use the command ":wq". This command means to save and close the editor.
- Lastly, press ENTER.
You can double check if the file was modified properly reading the file with FTP
, Web Configuration
For more information about the VI Editor visit this link