First, ensure that you have installed the minimum software requirements for the ISC-178x:
Connect the camera to Development Computer, through a M12 to RJ45 Ethernet cable.
Programming and configuring the ISC-178x Smart Camera is a familiar experience compared to other NI Linux Real-Time targets:
- NI MAX
- It populates under Remote Systems, as shown below
- Deploy driver software to it by right-clicking on the Software section
- You can change camera attributes and take test images
- NI Vision Builder AI
- As with other NI Vision targets, it will show up as a target in Vision Builder where you can install driver software or program the device
- Within the LabVIEW Project Explorer, you can add the camera as a Real-Time target by right clicking Project >> New >> Targets and Devices
Vision Builder AI can solve a wide range of Machine Vision applications. However, if you need algorithms that aren’t present in Vision Builder AI or maximum flexibility with programming, upgrade to LabVIEW Vision Development Module
. For more information, watch the Vision Software Comparison Video
If your ISC-178X module has Windows IoT, It will not be detected in NI MAX on a development PC. You will detect and program the module from the Windows IoT OS only.