To resolve the issue, increase the Connect Timeout (ms)
value configured within MAX. Here are the steps to increase this value:
1. Open MAX by going to Start»Program Files»National Instruments»Measurement & Automation
2. Right-click the name of the controller under Remote Systems and select Find Devices
3. Right-click the name of the controller again, and select Communication Timeout Settings
4. Set the Connect Timeout (ms)
value and click Apply
5. Highlight the iak file and click the Save
button as shown below.
6. Re-run the program
Another reason why you may see this error is because the FieldPoint backplane polling rate is set to read the backplane continuously instead of pausing to allow other processes on the network module to execute. Increasing the amount of time the backplane polling rate pauses can prevent network timeout errors but decreases the update rate of your data used for your application. You can find instructions on how to increase the pause value in Why Does the Real-Time System Manager Have 100% CPU Usage on FieldPoint?