The easiest way to find a connected USB RIO (Compact Reconfigurable I/O) device is to add it to NI Measurement & Automation Explorer (NI MAX) manually via the default IP address:
- Unplug all USB RIO devices.
- Plug your USB RIO device in via USB. If your device has multiple USB Ports (like the cRIO-9045), plug into the Dual Role port to see it from your computer.
- In NI-MAX, right-click the Remote Systems tree item and select Create New.
- Select Remote Device (not on the local subnet).
- In the IP Address field, enter 172.22.11.2. All RIO devices are assigned this IP address by default when plugged in via USB, regardless of what the Ethernet settings are configured to.
- Click Next, and NI MAX should display the information for your RIO target. Click Finish and the device should now be listed under Remote Systems.