This error appears when there's an incorrect registry Microsoft DAO (Data Access Objects) on Windows at the moment of the installation. To register the DAO:
- Close Multisim and any other program
- Open the command line (CMD) Start»All Programs»Accessories»Command Prompt
- Type cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO or equivalent and press Enter
- Type regsvr32 dao360.dll and press Enter
The error should go away and the database content should be back again.
The module "dao360.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c.
- If you're still running into this error after trying steps 1-4 it's probable that there's a security software that's preventing you from installing / running Circuit Design Suite.
- Try disabling your security software (antivirus, firewall) and relaunch Multisim.
- If this fails, you'll have to reimage your OS and install NI Multisim or NI Ultiboard before anything else.