If you are having issues activating your NI software, follow the steps below:
- Make sure your software product is included under your serial number. For example, a license for the LabVIEW Base edition will not activate the LabVIEW Application Builder add-on.
- If you purchased a license under the Standard Software Program (SSP), it may have expired and you cannot activate newer versions of NI software. Licenses under SSP can only activate versions of NI software released during the service active period. Check your SSP expiry details to know what is the latest version of the NI software product you can activate.
- If you have a subscription-based license , it is possible that the date of your subscription has passed, hence you will not be able to activate the software.
- If you are using your NI User Account to activate the software, make sure you also register your serial number. The registration process takes around 24 hours. if you still have issues after it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure to enter the serial number without any spaces or punctuation. Watch for spaces at the begging and end of the serial number text.
- This issue can occur when you have corrupted files in your NI License Manager. Try repairing or updating your NI License Manager and see if the issue persists.
- If you don't have access to the internet, the activation using the serial number fails. In that case, you can use 20-digit activation codes to manually activate each NI software license:
- You can generate the activation codes in the NI Product Activation portal using a device with an internet connection. To create the codes, you will need the Computer ID of the target computer, and your serial number, and select the proper version of the NI software that requires activation. For example, if you have LabVIEW 2020 SP1 installed on your computer, you will need to select the same version of the product.
- If you are having issues using the NI Product Activation portal, contact NI Support and provide the serial number, the Computer ID, and the specific version of the NI software that you trying to activate.
For example: Serial number MX1234567 Computer ID: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX Software: LabVIEW Professional 2020 SP1
If none of the steps above solved the problem, please contact NI Support
so we can help you troubleshoot your specific case.