This issue can be caused by network connectivity problems, or an issue with the DAQmx drivers.
- Ensure that you have the correct version of the NI-DAQmx required by your hardware. This can be found in the user manual of the specific cDAQ you are using.
If you have the correct driver version installed, follow these steps to troubleshoot your cDAQ's network communication:
- Reset your cDAQ
- Press and hold the reset button on the cDAQ for five seconds or longer, until the Status LED lights up. This will reset the configuration to the factory-set defaults.
- Check your network settings
- Make sure you have the cDAQ and PC directly connected to each other with an Ethernet Cable.
- Open Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX).
- Go to My System » Devices and Interfaces » Network Devices » <your cDAQ device> » Network Settings
- Note the IPv4 address of the cDAQ.
- If it has the form 169.254.x.x, continue with item 5 below.
- If it does not, configure the IPv4 Address to DHCP or Link Local and reboot (using the reset button).
- Go to My System » Network Settings and note the IPv4 address on the active Ethernet adapter.
- Unless you have manually set your network adapter to use a static IP, this address should also have the form 169.254.x.x.
- If it does not, please reboot your PC and check again.
- Using MAX, go back to item 3 above and click the Add Device button in the menu bar.
- If this does not work, try connecting to the DAQ device using a local switch to manage the IP addresses rather than directly connecting through an Ethernet cable.
- The cDAQ chassis should now be found together with all C-Series modules.