A Sequence Callback can be used to set the test result that TestStand provides when an error occurs during a step:
- Open the sequence file (.seq) in TestStand.
- In the main menu, select Edit»Sequence File Callbacks.
- Select SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeError from the list.
- Click Add, then click Edit. You will be taken to a new sequence in the same file.
- Insert a statement step, and set its expression to RunState.Caller.RunState.SequenceFailed = True.
This expression allows you to set the Caller's (which is MainSequence) SequenceFailed flag to TRUE, and that sequence will now be marked as "Failed".