Typically, this error indicates corruption in one of the configuration files. This may happen if the server is powered off unexpectedly, especially if it is hosted on a virtual machine.
There may be several ways to fix this issue:
- Restart the NI License Server service.
- Click Start» Control Panel» System and Security» Administrative tools» Services.
- Locate NI License Server.
- Right-click and select Stop.
- Right-click again and select Start.
This should reset the VLM data and remove any kind of corruption, so the next time that you launch Volume License Manager the NI VLM Getting Started Wizard will appear. Note:
This process will remove your current VLM configuration (license file, user/computer information, client permission, etc.) In order to pull your previous VLM configuration, follow the steps to restore VLM with a backup file: Restoring NI VLM from a Backup File