The configuration file's name and location differ depending on the operating system you are using:
- Windows: The LabVIEW.ini file can be found in the directory that LabVIEW was installed in.
- By default, for 32-bit editions of LabVIEW, that is C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\<LabVIEW version>\. For 64-bit editions, it is C:\Program Files\National Instruments\<LabVIEW version>\. Alternatively, you can search for "LabVIEW.ini" using Windows' search function.
- Mac OS X: The configuration file is named LabVIEW.app <LabVIEW version number> Preferences and can be found in the \Users\<your user>\Library\Preferences\ file path.
- Linux: Default and system-wide LabVIEW settings are stored in the natinst directory. This file is created when LabVIEW is installed.
- This file is located at ~/natinst/.config/<LabVIEW version>/labview.config . In older versions of LabVIEW, the settings may be stored in the labviewrc file located in the user's home directory.
You can edit or delete the configuration file. By deleting the configuration file, you can reset LabVIEW's development environment's settings to default.