As these devices are not plug-and-play capable, there are some additional steps required to install and configure the device
before MAX and the Windows Device Manager will be able to recognize the board.
Before following the steps below, please review the KB titled Order of Installation for Multiple National Instruments Hardware and Software Products
in the Related Links section of this document. After all software and drivers have been properly installed, the following steps will allow your legacy ISA device to be recognized.
- Review the installation section of the user manual for your device to configure any jumper settings on the board. Note the memory address and IRQ settings of your device.
- Open the Windows control panel.
- Double click on the Add Hardware icon.
- Click Next on the Wizard that opens.
- If the Wizard does not automatically detect hardware, select "Yes, I have already connected the hardware" and click OK.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list that appears and select "Add a new hardware device".
- Click Next.
- Select "Install the hardware that I manually select" and click Next.
- Select "Data Acquisition Devices" and click Next.
- Select your device (for example PC-DIO-96) from the list and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Double click on the System icon in the control panel.
- Under the hardware tab, click the Device Manager tab.
- Right click on the PC-DIO-96 under Data Acquisition Devices and select Properties.
- Under the resources tab, after clicking Set Configuration Manually you will be able to setup the IRQ and memory address for your board.