Suggested Solution -- Upgrade to VAS 17.5+
If you have Vision Acquisition Software (VAS) September 2016 (IMAQdx 16.1)
, VAS February 2017 (IMAQdx 17.0)
, or VAS 17.1
installed on your computer, please upgrade to Vision Acquisition Software (VAS) 17.5
or later to use your USB3 Vision camera on Windows 10 using the IMAQdx driver. This is a known problem and was fixed in the newer version of the software. Please also make sure that this version of the Vision Acquisition Software is compatible with your LabVIEW application using the VAS software readme available on each version's download page
Alternative Solution -- Use VAS 16.0
If upgrading is not an option, you can either Disable Secure Boot
to use the installed IMAQdx driver as is or associate the camera with an earlier release of the driver from NI IMAQdx 16.0. Follow these steps to associate your camera with the earlier driver:
- Plug the USB3 Vision camera into your system.
- Right-click the camera in the Device Manager, and select Update Driver Software.
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software.
- Choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Select your USB3 Vision driver from the following options:
- If only one driver is listed as NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Device, it is the default installed driver and must be overridden
- Click Have Disk.
- In the Install from Disk dialog box, browse to the driver location. The legacy driver version is installed to: <National Instruments>\NI-IMAQdx\Staging\NI USB3 Vision Legacy.
- Click OK.
- The single driver choice shown at this time is the legacy driver. Choose NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Device.
- If more than one driver is listed as NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Device, choose NI-IMAQdx USB3 Vision Device Version: 220.127.116.11152.
- Click Next.
- Click Close.