NI is continually working to minimize occurrences of crashes in MAX. As part of this effort, MAX added NI Error Reporting (NIER) with the release of System Configuration 5.5. NI Error Reporting allows you to send NI a crash or internal warning report. You can attach relevant files, comments, and your email address to the crash or internal warning report. Sending a report to NI through NI Error Reporting does not provide immediate technical support. The reports are used to improve future versions of the software. More information about NIER can be found in the NI Error Reporting (NIER) FAQ
If you need to resolve a persistent MAX crash on your computer, please contact NI Support and provide the crash dumps. You can access these crash dumps in two main ways:
- If you are still able to launch MAX successfully, create a NI-MAX Report by going to File>Create Report... and selecting Technical Support Report.
- If you are not able to launch MAX successfully, create a NI-MAX Report programmatically by using LabVIEW shipping example "Generate MAX Report .vi".
- You can also provide the contents of the following directory:
Also, providing answers to the following questions will further help NI in determining the cause of the crash:
- When does MAX crash?
- Is it when MAX is launching?
- Is it when left- or right-clicking a particular item?
- What happens when MAX crashes?
- Is there an error message?
- Does MAX disappear while open?
- What changed since MAX worked without crashing?
- Have you installed new or additional software?
- Have you uninstalled software?
- Have you added or removed any hardware?
- Are you using an operating system that is not currently officially supported?
- Which version of .NET is currently installed on the PC? .NET not being fully up to date has been seen to cause NI MAX to crash. You can check on updates to it through Windows Update and from Microsoft.