The buffer this error refers to is the FIFO located onboard the NI DAQ device. The number of samples that can be held in this buffer is fixed. If samples are not transferred from this buffer to the PC fast enough, samples may be overwritten and the overflow error will occur.
Possible solutions include:
- Reducing the number of channels.
- Reducing the number of samples acquired per second. (ie. Sample Rate)
- Using hardware with higher bandwidth such as a PXI System.
- Using hardware with a larger onboard FIFO.
- Programatically change the data transfer mechanism. Choose the fastest data transfer mechanism supported by your hardware and fits your application.