If you need to upgrade the Windows version:
NI software has dropped support for several Windows distributions that are no longer supported by Microsoft. In order to install and use NI software released after July 1, 2016, Windows users must be running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or later. For more information about which operating systems are supported by each version of NI software, refer to the readme included with the software's installer.
To check which version of Windows is installed on your system, click the Start
button, right-click Computer
, and click Properties
. The version of Windows and any service packs installed are listed under Windows edition
If you have the correct Windows version:
If you have the correct version of Windows, Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or higher (such as Windows 10), you could be getting this issue if the software's compatibility settings are not correct.
To check the installers compatability settings:
- Right click the Application, such as RADInstaller.exe, and select Properties
- Go to the Compatibility tab at the top of the pop-up
- Under Compatibility Mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and choose the correct Windows for your application
- Note: For Windows 10, select Windows 8
- Re-Run the Application to install the software