can occur when you have NI software running while you are trying to uninstall it. Make sure you have closed all NI software before trying to install/uninstall anything.
If you still get this error when you have closed out of all NI software applications, complete the following steps to stop the service mentioned in the error message.
- Exit all NI software (including canceling installation / uninstallation)
- Go to the Start Menu and select Run
- Type in cmd and click OK, this will launch the Command Prompt window
- Type the following command: net stop XXXXX and press Enter. Where XXXXX is the abbreviated-service-name such as mxssvr or nimDNSResponder.
- You will be asked if you want to continue type Y and press <Enter>
Once this process has been stopped you can retry installing or uninstalling the software, which should automatically restart the service. Note
: You can manually restart stopped processes using the command
net start abbreviated-service-name.
e.g.: net start mxssvr
If any processes fail to stop using this method, try to manually disable all NI Services on startup and restart your computer. Steps to disable all NI Services are provided below:
- Go to the Start Menu
- Type in msconfig and press <Enter>
- Navigate to Startup tab
- Disable all National Instruments services
- Click OK and restart when prompted
- Open Task Manager
- Select the Startup tab
- Right-click and disable all National Instruments services
- Close Task Manager and Restart the computer
Once the system has restarted you can retry the installer. After the installation is complete you can enable all the National Instrument services by repeating the process above and restarting.