I receive either:
Error -50400: The transfer did not complete within the timeout period or within the specified number of retries
Error -223022: Internal Software Error occurred in DSA software. Please contact National Instruments Support
on my NI 4461 or NI 4462 device.
Error -223022:This error indicates that the ADCs never came out of their initial calibration cycle which is done immediately after driver load when the system boots. This will occur at start up and if the calibration cycle fails then the device will be inoperable until the system is restarted and the device boots correctly. Error -50400:This error indicates that the board cannot communicate with the onboard FPGA. If the board cannot communicate with the FPGA it will not function.Both of these error codes indicate fairly general problems that may have a number of causes in both hardware and/or software. The following troubleshooting steps should be performed in order to rule out possible software causes.
1. Reset the device in the Measurement & Automation Explorer.
2. Reboot the PC or PXI controller.
3. Try the device in different PXI/PCI slots.
4. Reinstall the device driver in the device manager by deleting the device and letting the operating system re-detect the hardware (Action>> Scan for New Devices in the Windows Device manager).
NOTE: You do not need to reinstall DAQmx.
5. Self-test and Reset the device in MAX—if the board is still not functioning it will throw the error here.6. If possible, try the device in a different system.
If the board still doesn’t function after trying these steps then please contact National Instruments support for further troubleshooting.
Thank you for your feedback.
You changed your response to Not Helpful
You changed your response to Helpful
Collaborate with other users in our discussion forums
A valid service agreement may be required, and support options vary by country.