Follow the suggestions below to resolve the communication issues:
- Move the cable and USB cDAQ device away from any electromagnetic interference (EMI) sources
- Use a USB cable with EMI shielding
- Options range from shielded plastic cables, which resist EMI, to IP67-rated metalized plastic cables, which resist EMI and provide potential physical damage from harsh environments
- Shield the USB DAQ device with a metal case
- You can find the electromagnetic certifications and standards for NI devices by searching for device's Product Certification page.
If there is no communication at all with your device, and you think this might not be related to external electromagnetic interference:
- If you are running a LabVIEW application, make sure that the device's name in NI MAX coincides with the one being called in your application.
- Try to perform a reset of your device from NI MAX.
- Perform a Self-Test on the device in NI MAX and check if it passes the test.