If you are only using NI MAX to perform your data acquisition you cannot use the same same tasks throughout multiple devices. Those tasks are explicitly defined to the device which they were created from, so other devices will not be able to use those same task names.
Instead of deleting the devices or tasks, you can simply reassign the channels in your tasks to the other devices as needed. Just follow these simple steps:
- Click on the task in which you want to reassign to another device. Make sure you have the new device connected to be able to receive the task. In this case Dev1 has MyVoltageTask that will be reassigned to Dev2.
- Select all the channels within the task and right-click on them.
- Select Change Physical Channel... as shown below.
- Select the channels the channels to reassign to. Click OK.
- Click Save along to top taskbar to save the changes to the task. The task and channels within it will now be reassigned to Dev2.