If you're not using DIAdem and are receiving this DataFinder error you can deactivate this service through the following steps:
1. Press and hold the WINDOWS key and then press"R"
2. A dialog box will pop up, in this dialog window type "msconfig" and then click the "OK" button
3. The Microsoft System Configuration Utility will open, select the "Startup" tab
4. You will either need to open the Windows Task Manager or scroll until you find the "DataFinder" entry
5. Right click "DataFinder" and select "Disable"